Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto redirecting of a chm file to a html file

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this relates to RoboHelp but thought I'd post my query here as I'm using RH to generate my help files.

I have a current help project whereby pushing the F1 button within an application opens a chm help file.

Does anyone know if it is possible to redirect or change the link on this button so that it opens a html file instead? In essence what I want to do is for the user to open a html page instead of a chm file when accessing help within an application.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Pieter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could use WebHelp instead you would generate a whole bunch of files and you could set up your calls to open a specific topic only without the tripane window.

WebHelp should sit on a server unlike CHMs, which should sit on the desktop. WebHelp can be installed locally as long as your version of RH allows the Mark of the Web to be applied. I believe that prevents any linked PDFs opening if IE is used so you need to check your WebHelp works OK if installed locally, it is better if it can be on a server.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your advice Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp