4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2010 10:58 AM by Pete-1967

Page curl filter question

Pete-1967

Saw the discussion on Page curl tutorial and Linda suggested using this;

http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19983

Had a look as I was wondering the very same thing as the chap who posted the discussion and was wondering, how do you make this work in FW?

On the site it says simply download and save in your filters but I can't seem to find out how to do this.

Could anyone help me out with this please?

Many thanks, P.

• 1. Re: Page curl filter question
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

Add it to whichever folder you install your plugins in. In my case, that's C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-ins. Once you've done that, it should show up in your plugins list in Fireworks. If you haven't yet made Fireworks aware of your pluguns folder, choose Edit from the main toolbar, and then Preferences. Under Category, select Plug-ins and browse to the location of your plugins folder. Alternatively, you can add it to the Fireworks plug-in folder. On my machine that's located at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS4\Plug-Ins. In either case, you'll need to close the program and reload it before the Curl filter/plug-in is available.

• 2. Re: Page curl filter question
            Pete-1967 Level 1

Hi Linda,

I have never added a plug in into Fireworks before and still a little unsure how to do this? You say I can add this to my FW plug in folder but how? I cant just drag it into the folder.

Not sure I;m doing this right at all

• 3. Re: Page curl filter question
              Linda Nicholls Level 4

You haven't mentioned which operating system you are using so I'll assum Windows. Just unzip the file to your Plug-ins folder. If you are using Win Zip, right click on the Zip archove and choose Unzip to Here. Browse to the Plug-ins foilder and then click on OK, or open, or whatever. The plug-in will show up under Filters once you have reloaded Fireworks.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Page curl filter question
                Pete-1967 Level 1

Hi Linda,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me. Hmmm I have bought over the years no end of app's and plug in's for projects and find the price a little steep for the page curl plug in you suggested.

I think a little effort in Photoshop will get as good a result, better look for some tut's there

Thanks again.