I get this error every now and then when im trying to debug my AIR application.
These are the step that cause this (including mood indicators):
- Im happily developing my AIR application in Flash Builder 4
- I want to see if my application works so i push the debug button
- The console warns me that there is a little typo i my code
- I edit the typo
- Hit the debug button again
- Console still displays the same error (Although i did fix the typo and saved my work)
- I get frustrated and delete the entire code just to see if its actually still using the code im working on
- Still the same error in the console (I become more and more frustrated, where is the debugger getting its code from????)
- I look at my errors page and notice there is something using the SWF (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)
- I look at my running processes and see ADL.exe is still running (I DID terminate debug)
- I force shutdown the ADL.exe process
- I try to debug again, still the same error pointing to a line in my code that doesnt even exists anymore
- I reboot the application and start the debugging again
- Still saying that the SWF is used
- I reboot my PC and can debug one or two times before getting this error again
Please adobe people, help me out here before my mood turns out in to
Kinda figured out what is happening.
My code has a runtime error (which can happen).
But this causes the Adobe AIR window to crash.
Since I had the window set to visibile = false at startup it never showed the window (and i couldnt close it).
You need to have the crashed window visible to properly close it other wise some processes will still lock the SWF.
In other words: Make sure your windows is in visible mode when you debug.