4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2010 4:08 PM by BigJohnD

disappearing master page items

babs1260

Just got new computer with Windows 7 Professional and after a very difficult time of being able to get my adobe pagemaker 7 software installed on the new computer (with help from Adobe)  I am now facing a "bug".. When I type on a page the master page items are disappearing as I'm typing but return after going in adn out the different pages but this never happened on the Windows XP system..

Any one else have this issue?

• 1. Re: disappearing master page items
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

You may want to take a look at this thread (not by any means the first on the subject):

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/534885?tstart=30

• 2. Re: disappearing master page items
            babs1260 Level 1

Claudio,

There must be a solution or setting that I have wrong in this issue. The program seems to be running fine other than that one issue....

I don't need all the bells and whitles of indesign... We literally just use this program for one item and that is to type contracts... I'm attaching a copy of what we use it for so maybe you can understand my problem...When I'm typing on "page 1 or 2" the master items disappear, but if I click in and out of the page they return...

Weird issue...  "display master settings is checked on... " not sure what other settings I can do to fix...

Please advise if you can...

Barbara Manella-Event Coordinator

Contemporary Foods, Inc.

112 La Roche Avenue

Harrington Park, N.J. 07640

201-784-0377

www.contemporaryfoods.com

• 3. Re: disappearing master page items
              Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

Barbara, you have been lucky to get PageMaker

installed and more or less working on a system t

hat was written many years after PM was diecontinued. Don't push your luck too far.

The standard advise to all of those who don't need/have the money for/want/like InDesign and wish to continue using PageMaker for whatever reason, is to keep an old computer with a fully compatible version of Windows specially for this. I'm sure that in the USA you can get a  suitable laptop for almost nothing -if you don't have one around somewhere. And I mention a laptop because it will take very little space when you don't use it for running PageMaker.

Incidentally, I responded to your opening message so that you may remove all that personal innformation appearing in your last one, should you wish to do so.

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

• 4. Re: disappearing master page items
                BigJohnD Level 3

babs1260 wrote:

Just got new computer with Windows 7 Professional and after a very difficult time of being able to get my adobe pagemaker 7 software installed on the new computer (with help from Adobe)  I am now facing a "bug".. When I type on a page the master page items are disappearing as I'm typing but return after going in adn out the different pages but this never happened on the Windows XP system..

Any one else have this issue?

PM7 isn't supported on Win7, so as Claudio suggested, revert to WinXP.

At a guess, you need to update or change your vid card driver.