4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 7:41 PM by StanL66

How to change the authorization info. if I have 2 accounts with Adobe?

Andrey S.

First of all hi to all,

The matter is that my BPP's books were initially authorised with my first adobe's account; BUT currently when I'm opening my adobe digital editions the authorisation info. is staying for my 2nd account and thus I am not able to use my urls for BPP's editions.

Kindly inform me of how to change the authorisation info. in my place - in order the adobe digital editions will be authorised for my  first account otherwise I cannot use my books.

I've carefully studied the prog. but I didn't find any properties opportunities where I could change these settings - no simple rules for changing authorisation info?!

The deinstallation and reinstallation processes afterwards didn't help either.

Kindly help to find a magic solution for such a trivial situation Adobe didn't foresee.

YF,

Andrey

• 1. Re: How to change the authorization info. if I have 2 accounts with Adobe?
          Jim Lester Level 4

You can deauthorize the current account using  Ctrl-Shift-D (Cmd-Shift-D on Mac).  However please note that deauthorization strictly removes the account information from your computer and does nothing else.  Very specifically it doesn't not increase your activation allowance.  Repeated Authorization/Deauthorization, will lead to you running out of your alllowed activations, and you will need to submit a web request (http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions click on 'Submit a web case')

If you mean to use both AdobeIDs then you are far better off, creating a new OS User Account, and then authorizing ADE on that account with your other AdobeID.

• 2. Re: How to change the authorization info. if I have 2 accounts with Adobe?
            Andrey S. Level 1

Thank you, Jim.

It really helped me and made my books achievable and readable - finally.

I'll have in mind concerning the second account under new OS name in order to avoid further disturbances.

Andrey.

P.S. Concerning web case - I've tried to do that but the "continue" button was inactive all the the time I was on the site. Do not know why?!

• 3. Re: How to change the authorization info. if I have 2 accounts with Adobe?
              liuf77

I have the similiar problem. I bought an ebook without authorizing it. later i authorzied the compuer, the book became unreadable. and later i de-authorized the computer, the book is still unreadable.

I realy have no idea of how stupid their digital right works. if they only allow us reading book after authorzing the compuer, they should remove the option from the prompt!

• 4. Re: How to change the authorization info. if I have 2 accounts with Adobe?
                StanL66

Please be more specific as to "creating a new OS User Account, and then authorizing ADE on that account with your other AdobeID."

I authorized my laptop with my email ID user name, but later when I authorized my netbook, I used a second adobe signon by mistake.  Now I can't read half the books on my Nook as some had been authorized by one account and some by another.  I would like to either deauthorize and reauthorize the second account, but uninstalling and reinstalling did not work.  I will try the ctrl-Shift-D, once I see what should be open when I try that tactic, but if there is a way to have both accounts authorized on the same Nook, I would be happy with that.  All I want is to be able to read all my stuff, regardless of which authorization I used.  The idea of authorization concept creates a lot of confusion and issues.