2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2010 8:18 AM by JackPac-a9pNSO

problems with MX2004

JackPac-a9pNSO

Been using MX2004 for a long time - but for some reason the Point to File tool when trying to hyperlink a word to a file on the site isn't working properly.  When it does seem to do the trick it inserts /../../..before the file path, and when I publish the page, the link doesn't work.

I'm a beginner so not sure at all what to do - VERY frustrating.

Any help is appreciated.

Jack

• 1. Re: problems with MX2004
          370H55V Level 4

JackPac wrote:

Been using MX2004 for a long time - ...

I'm a beginner so not sure at all what to do - VERY frustrating.

2 things.

1. if you've been using MX2004 a log time, you obviously know about split view so you can see what the code looks like  BEFORE you publish the page.

2. If you're really a beginner, you haven't been using MX2004 for a long time, and you wouldn't know that /../../.. indicates  two (2) subfolders before the application finds the file you've linked to.

Have you double checked your root folder file structure?

• 2. Re: problems with MX2004
            JackPac-a9pNSO Level 1

thanks - yes I kow it's odd that someone using MX 2004 is still a beginnig - but I'm web design savvy at all - I maintain a small web by basically posting docs to links and stuff - sorry but I am still a beginning.

I do use split view as it's fun to see what code appears when I edit from the wysiwyg screen ... and I did see that /../../. appending to the beginning of the code - but I swear the Point to File tool use to work and it would create a link starting with http:// then the correct path to the file.

Now it just doesn't work at all.

You suggested checking my "root folder file structure"  - what should I be looking for?

I really appreciate your help.

Jack