2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2010 7:17 PM by alexlkc168

FlashBuilder 4 does not want to display RDS Dataview

cheftimo Level 2

My system:

Windows XP SP 3

ColdFusion 8

I cannot get The RDS Dataview to show up. I have configured the RDS service exactly as I have it in my FB 3, where it works fine.

In FB 4, after I do Window > Other Views the Show View window does not even show a choice for ColdFusion.

I have already tried unstalling and reinstalling; no success.

What do I do next?

Regards,

Carlos

• 1. Re: FlashBuilder 4 does not want to display RDS Dataview
          cheftimo Level 2

So far, 11 views and zero replies, so here is some more information about this issue, which I hope someone can reply to:

The RDS Dataview works flawlessly in my FB3 and in Dreamweaver. I have double-checked its configuration in FB4 Preferences > Adobe > RDS Configuration: everything is correct and the connection test is successful.

When I go to Window > Other views I do not even get an option folder for Adobe in the Show View tree. In FB3, I get a ColdFusion folder and the RDS Dataview is one of the options in it.

A similar issue shows up in the Bug System; all the references are for Gumbo – one of them shows as “Unresolved”, another one as “Obsolete”.

I really would love to hear about this from someone – maybe Adobe? I find it hard to believe I am the only one experiencing this problem or using the RDS Dataview.

Salud,

Carlos

• 2. Re: FlashBuilder 4 does not want to display RDS Dataview
            alexlkc168

Hi Carlos

This is what I have experienced. (Maybe you have sorted your problem already)

I installed Eclipse Helios, FB 4 and RDS, I did have the same problem as you described So I downloaded and tested with Galileo, deployed the plug-ins to Eclipse which works straight away.

Hope this helps! :-)

Best Regards,

Alex Lee