3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2010 10:21 AM by the_wine_snob

Audio and video timing thrown off on export to Adobe Media Encoder

reindeer4 Level 1

Hi.

I have a two and a half minute video which includes a lip-synched character.  Everything is working perfectly inside Premiere Pro CS4. When I export this using F4V format, I set it to match frame rate as source then typed in 24fps for good measure.

The audio track is way off after going through Adobe Media encoder however.

The original video (generated in Carrara 7 Pro) was set to 24fps, but it looked like Premiere tried to import it as 29.97 fps.  I right clicked on the clip and used Interpret Footage to set it back to 24fps when first setting up this project.  (looking in my Project Panel right now, I see the flv icons are all set to 24 fps, but the blue icon representing PremiereProProject is indeed set at 29.93 fps, plus and incorrect size (720x480 px as oppsed to the 608x464 px of my actual flv files).

Seems like it's still pulling in that faster frame rate though when it goes to encode, even though I'm setting stuff to 24fps wherever I see the option.

Any ideas how to fix this (and how to prevent similar problems in the future)?

Again, everything works fine within the Premiere Pro CS4 context.  It's just when I export that the video seems to play at a higher frame rate, thus begins running way ahead of the audio.

If there's not a way to fix this (change the project settings) within this file, is there a way to copy all of my data and simply paste it into a Premiere Pro file with the right size and fps?  I've now created a custom preset with the correct info.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Audio and video timing thrown off on export to Adobe Media Encoder
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Reindeer,

Going back to your PrPro Sequence, what Preset was used, when you set that up? Could be part of the issue.

Good luck, and please let us know about your Sequence Preset.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Audio and video timing thrown off on export to Adobe Media Encoder
            reindeer4 Level 1

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the issue.

I bring my stuff in from a 3d program (Carrara) which exported a png sequence at 24 frames per second (in square pixels).  I didn't see an appropriate preset, so I chose a randomish DV preset, with 29.97 fps and .9 pixel aspect ratio.  i re-interpreted the footage to set back to the correct framerate (and pixels I think).  But when I exported from PremPro, it pulls in that initial Project Stting of 29.97 fps, thus all of my audio is off.

Is there a way to re-set the Project Settings after the fact so I can correct my fps and pixel proportions?

Or is my only choice to reimport my footage to a new project with the corect settings?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Audio and video timing thrown off on export to Adobe Media Encoder
              the_wine_snob Level 9

In CS4, all you have to do is create another Sequence, choosing Desktop and then customizing all attributes, as is necessary, i.e. Frame Size, FPS, etc.. In your existing Sequence, just Target all Tracks, Ctrl+A (Select All), Ctrl+C (Copy), then go to the new proper Sequence, Target all necessary Tracks, move the CTI (Current Time Indicator) to 00;00;00;00 (you can just hit Home key), and Ctrl+V (Paste). Things should now be good to go.

After testing, you can Delete that first Sequence from the Project, if all is working fine.

Good luck, and hope that this helps,

Hunt