4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2010 4:21 AM by BigJohnD

PageMaker upgrade path to InDesign?

gen_teel

Anyone know when Adobe will stop offering that upgrade path? We should probably upgrade before they do so. Does anyone know if it will be with CS5? Also, when we do upgrade, is the software specific to PageMaker only, or is it universal and it is just the way Adobe offers the upgrade path? Many thanks!!!

• 1. Re: PageMaker upgrade path to InDesign?
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

I would think that no plain

user knows, and that any Adobe employee who knows will not be allowed to say. And as far as I know, the special upgrade price only applies for  upgrades from PageMaker 6 or higher.

My guess is that Adobe will keep this offer as long as they keep on selling PageMaker, something that in my opinion they should have stopped doing as soon as they stopped developing the product. If you are going to upgrade, my suggestion would be to do it as soon as possible.

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PageMaker upgrade path to InDesign?
            gen_teel Level 1

Well, we have been using PageMaker for like forever. I am not sure how far back we have versions for, but we are currently working in 7, so we are right now still eligible to upgrade to InDesign CS4, which we could use as a stepping stone to upgrade to a full suite package. The question is should we do it before CS5 comes out or after? But you are probably right, there is no way to know unless someone leaks the information. Thanks for the input!!!

• 3. Re: PageMaker upgrade path to InDesign?
              Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

If I were you, I would do it as soon as possible. It's no

t at all unlikely that the arrival of CS5 brings the end

of the upgrade offer, and the long overdue final disappearance of PageMaker

from the list of Adobe products.

Extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

• 4. Re: PageMaker upgrade path to InDesign?
                BigJohnD Level 3

It's possible that if you time it right, your purchase of InD CS4 will entitled you to a free upgrade to CS5.