6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2010 10:09 AM by Harm Millaard

Help / material requested for CS5 benchmark

Harm Millaard Level 7

With CS5 around the corner and given that there were some remarks about the validity of the PPBM benchmark, Bill and I are looking into creating a new CS5 benchmark that more closely resembles actual editing scenarios, instead of using only SD and only using standard clips.

We are considering using actual footage in 29.97i format from multiple sources, AVCHD, HDV, XDCAM-EX and P2, possibly intermixed with 25i material.

What we are looking for is sample clips in these formats with a length of between 5 and max 10 s, both slow moving and with fast pan / zooms or high action, to be used in the new benchmark. We don't care about the quality of these clips, as long as they are in the original ingested format. It could be fabulous shots, it could be completely discardable shots.

What we intend to create is a new benchmark that more closely reflects actual life situations and that will show whether MPE has a benefit for your footage. But we need your help.

If you have a clip you want to submit for inclusion in the new CS5 benchmark in 29.97i format with AVCHD, HDV, XDCAM-EX or P2, please send me a PM, indicating what format you want to submit. I'll give you my private e-mail adress to send it to.

I thank you in advance for your consideration.

P.S. In case of overwhelming number of offers, I may not be able to respond to each and everyone's offer.