• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with images – Resizing, Add arrow & text boxes etc

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2007 Sep 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH HTML for updating our Web application Help from RoboHelp V3 to V6. It involves lot of images. I found the picture quality good only using Word in the combination of RoboScreenCapture.

I need to confirm that the method and steps for capturing images using Word & RoboScreenCapture will work reliably for both WebHelp and Printable output in Word. Please review my detailed steps as listed below and give me your suggestions.

Here are the detailed steps I took for each method:

Starting with Resize & RoboScreenCapture:
1. From our Web application I took the screenshot.
2. I pasted the screenshot in Resize tool and resized it.
3. Opened the RoboScreenCapture, went back to the Resize tool and by using the Screen Capture Hot key - Cntrl+Shift+R, I captured the region. The captured screen popped up in the RoboScreenCapture tool.
4. I drew an arrow on the image and the text box and also entered the text in the text box. Then I saved the image in the RoboScreenCapture.
5. Opened up the RH Html. Opened up the Web Help project file which I am updating and pasted an image in wysiwyg.

Result
The image was not very clear looking in wysiwyg.

In Paint:
2. I pasted the screenshot in Paint, stretch the image form 100% to 80%. The quality of the image reduced dramatically.
3. Opened the RoboScreenCapture, went back to the Paint and by using the Screen Capture Hot key - Cntrl+Shift+R, I captured the region. The captured screen popped up in the RoboScreenCapture tool.
4. I drew an arrow on the image and the text box and entered the text in the text box. Then I saved the image in RoboScreenCapture.
5. Opened up RH Html. Opened up the Web Help project file which I am updating and pasted an image in wysiwyg.

Result
The image was not very clear looking in wysiwyg.

Finally, with Word:
2. I pasted the screenshot in Word, resized it. While in Word I can draw an arrow on the image and the text box and entered the text in the text box.
3. Opened the RoboScreenCapture, went back to the Word and by using the Screen Capture Hot key - Cntrl+Shift+R, I captured the region. The captured image popped up in the RoboScreenCapture tool. Then I saved the image in RoboScreenCapture.
4. Opened up RH Html. Opened up the Web Help project file which I am updating and pasted an image in wysiwyg.

Result
Nice & Clear

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2007 Sep 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There's a topic about this on my site that might interest you.

I recently tried the Microsoft Fax and Image viewer (the freebie with XP) and reduced the window size dramatically. With a photographic image it was very good. A quick test suggests it might be good with text as well.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp