4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2010 12:15 PM by Xeon64

User System requirements

Xeon64 Level 1

I was wondering if there are any general system requirements for viewing an exported capitvate project? I need to give this to our customers as a guidline so they have some Idea of what they will need to run the modules.

My module is 750 x 540, 110 slides, and has a lot of animation and video. All of the imported video is in .flv format and the animation is using AC2.

• 1. Re: User System requirements
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello,

How will you publish: SWF or EXE or PDF?

Lilybiri

• 2. Re: User System requirements
            Xeon64 Level 1

Exe. at first then possibly moving on to swf format and Acrobat Connect Pro. The exe files are my biggest concern right now at this stage. I have tried it on a Pentium 4 2.8 ghz with 2 GB of Ram and it too a very long time to load and certain elements did not play right.

• 3. Re: User System requirements
              Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hi again,

110 slides, with a lot of video and audio, is really pushing CP very far. What is the resulting file size of the published file? Recommended in this case (because of video-audio) is 50-60 slides. Do know that daisy-chaining is not very well working with EXE, so that is not an alternative. Just an idea, because I'm using that sometimes when I'm expecting problems with systems: is it not possible to publish to PDF (publish to SWF and choose Export PDF)? Quality is very nice in PDF.

Lilybiri

• 4. Re: User System requirements
                Xeon64 Level 1

The resulting file size is 111mb. I am pushing Captivate. The PDF method seemed to run smoother but used more Ram than running the exe version. I can see now that I am goign to have to try various types of exports and video compression methods to get this to work. We may just endup supplying our customers with a computer so we know what works and what doesn't. Thanks for the help.