2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2010 10:21 AM by phatlem911

DW CS4 won't install on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.5.8

phatlem911

I don't have any problem installing any other software - including CS3, but when I click the installer it becomes unresponsive immediately after it starts "Checking System Profile".

I've tried starting the computer in safe mode, setting up a new user with admin rights, looked through all the online help I can find, etc.

I'm currently on hold with Adobe Support ( 1:15:00 and counting) . . .

Any help would be appreciated

• 1. Re: DW CS4 won't install on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.5.8
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

First if you pressed any options on the phone for "customer service" and not "technical support" hang up and press the buttons for technical support or you will be on hold till they close tonight customer service is horrific at best.  There was a note from their VP on here awhile back, it's not on the Adobe website anymore but Macworld UK has it archived ( http://www.macworld.co.uk/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=12&entryid=806 ).  I guess the situation still has not been resolved.

Second, if the installation got corrupted try the Clean Tool (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html )and then try installing again.  That's the only suggestion users here will be able to give.  Anything more you need Adobe.

• 2. Re: DW CS4 won't install on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.5.8
            phatlem911 Level 1

Thanks Snakeyez02

I got through to Adobe, they walked me through a few simple things that I had already tried (copy files to the HD and install from there, download a trial version) nothing seemed to work. Then there was more searching for a solution, then . . . nothing. I was still connected, but no one on the other end of the phone! I stayed on for 10 minutes asking if someone was there and nothing. FRUSTRATING

I downloaded the Clean Tool, but since I only purchased DW C4 and not the suite, there wasn't anything to remove.

I'm thinking about installing OX Snow Leopard to see if that helps.