I did make a copy of the program and copied to a CD. Problem is I had a
house fire and all my software was destroyed. Luckily I was able to save the
Computer. I do notr what the file name is of the downloaded file for Acrobat
5.0. I even spoke with customer service and they couldn't give me the file
name to look for to see if it's still on system. Have done a lot of upgrades
to system since I purchased program.
The list of files I have for AA5 on the CD may be of use. They are in an Acrobat folder. If you had some similar files, maybe the list will help.
02/28/2001 03:03 PM 5,218 Abcpy.ini
03/22/2001 08:32 AM 106 DATA.TAG
02/07/2001 07:36 AM 22,016 HowToInstall.wri
03/13/2001 11:52 PM 79,296 ReadMe.html
03/22/2001 08:32 AM 95 SETUP.INI
02/19/2001 09:42 AM 162,120 Setup.bmp
01/12/1999 06:42 AM 73,728 Setup.exe
02/23/1999 05:45 AM 296,674 _INST32I.EX_
10/27/1998 07:06 AM 27,648 _ISDel.exe
09/29/1998 11:34 AM 34,816 _Setup.dll
03/22/2001 08:32 AM 175,466 _sys1.cab
03/22/2001 08:32 AM 7,502 _sys1.hdr
03/22/2001 08:32 AM 1,042,520 _user1.cab
03/22/2001 08:32 AM 9,765 _user1.hdr
03/22/2001 08:35 AM 98,574,144 data1.cab
03/22/2001 08:35 AM 168,202 data1.hdr
01/12/1999 05:34 AM 23,541 lang.dat
03/22/2001 08:35 AM 628 layout.bin
07/27/1998 12:41 PM 450 os.dat
03/22/2001 08:32 AM 196,909 setup.ins
03/22/2001 08:32 AM 49 setup.lid
I am not sure what you get with the download version. It may be a self unzip file or such. Anyway, good luck. Sorry to hear that you had a fire. That is a reason that many genealogy folks try to have off-site backups. With the amount of effort they put into collecting information and documenting it, havng their database someplace else is very useful.
In trying to find the CD, I found I need to find the CDs for my tablet. I generally keep them in the same place, but I am just getting too many things and sometimes take things to work instead. Again, good luck. Bill
Well those listed files you had were of no help. I did some more searching in an system I had and found the downloaded file Acro5.0.5.exe.
I searched for instances of the word Adobe and deleted them including folders. Also cleaned the registry as well then reinstalled the software from the afore mentioned file. Then re-registered the program. Now everthing is working fine, The Acrobat Distiller Printer is now shown in Printers and Faxes Control Panel.
I did some file conversions to PDF and the distiller is now listed as a printer source in the Print Menu of the file I am converting.
Thank for your help.