1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 31, 2010 1:40 PM by eidnolb onlyone RSS

What causes videos to pause or freeze on You Tube?

V Buck B

I have Flash Player 10 ActiveX, Windows 7 and Internet Explorer (64 -bit).  When I watch Fly Tieing videos on You Tube they will play 5 - 10 seconds then pause 15 - 20 seconds.  This keeps repeating till the end of the video.  Some videos will vary as to the time of playing and pausing but none will play continuously.  I can restart the video and it will play without any pauses.

I was told to Uninstall Flash Player and download it again.  I have Uninstalled, restarted, downloaded, and restarted twice and it didn't do any good.  I was also told to go to where Flash Player is saved and start it from there and it would download properly.  When I downloaded it both times the dialog box never appeared as to where to save it.  I have checked my All Programs listings and it is not listed.  The only place I can find it is on the Control Panel Uninstall list.  I can't find where it is located.

I don't know very much about computers and would appreciate some help

It is sure aggravating when it takes 30 minutes to watch a 5 minute video. 

• 1. Re: What causes videos to pause or freeze on You Tube?
          eidnolb onlyone Community Member

Hi, thanks for the info. Do you know how to find the Flash folder? C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash. Right click

on the Flash folder and post back all files listed there.

Also, Using IE, "View and Manage your Internet Explorer Add-ons", find All Add-ons. Look for Shockwave Flash Object...

ActiveX Control...Flash10e.ocx (this is the latest version and make sure it is listed and enabled.

If you need direction to find the Flash folder, just post.