3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2010 1:03 PM by jrunrandy

Adobe Community Help

John Hall Level 4

Frequently when I search a term in Flash Builder and it fires up Adobe Help locally (which is fine with me), I'm greeted with the following message inside the AIR app

Access denied
      We're sorry, you are not allowed access to the service you requested.

If you feel you should have access, please contact the appropriate authorities and give them your IP address: 72.200.120.xxx

Thank you for your patience.

Any suggestions? At first I thought it was server overload but it's been a few days now. (It has a full IP, just don't like broadcasting it).

• 1. Re: Adobe Community Help
          Jason San Jose Adobe Employee

Do you have other CS5 betas installed?

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

• 2. Re: Adobe Community Help
            Niall O'Donovan Level 7

Hi,

We had a similar problem. From other posts: when FB4 installs it may not update the community help file. The current version is 3.1.0.440. I downloaded this manually from the Labs page and selected "open" as instructed.

Got help form the Flex Doc Team.

If I open the community help AIR app directly, I have to select Flex from the drop down next to the search field:

Adobe Community Help - Beta2.png

But when I now go to help from within FB4 it opens OK (without the warning) directly into the Flex content.

So check the version of community help that you have and possibly upgrade.

Good luck,

Niall

• 3. Re: Adobe Community Help
              jrunrandy Adobe Employee

We have also identified an issue with Windows 7 64-bit in which a configuration file is installed in an incorrect location. If you are using this configuration, copy the folder:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\HelpCfg

into

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Then restart Community Help.

then go to Edit > Preferences > Local Content and click Update for each of the Help packages.

HTH,

Randy Nielsen

Flex Doc Manager