1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2010 6:28 PM by Glockster30SF

willnot open online doc.

arnoldagent

When I go to a web page and click on a section that is to open another file that is in pdf It will not completely open. The new window opens and it shows downloading a pdf file but it either freezes or will not finish. Then I get an error message the says "There is a problem with adobe acrobat/reader, please exit acrobat/reader and try. when I do that it does not help. I have tried removing and re-downloading the reader but it has not helped.

If I can download the file to my desk top then I can open the file but not while opening online. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: willnot open online doc.
          Glockster30SF

I've experienced the same problem this week. Adobe Reader 8 crashes every time i attempt to open a PDF file on line. I'm unable to download an updated version after removingthe software to reinstall the current version of Adobe Reader. I've ran current versions of MALWARE BYTES, SPYBOT and STINGER and all have failed to detect any malware affecting Adobe Reader.

I've concluded the problem is either a  IE8 or Adobe Reader 8 anomaly. Please prove me wrong!

Still looking for a solution here.....

Message was edited by: Glockster30SF