3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2010 4:21 AM by Mylenium

Deactivate

Lost In My Mind Level 1

Great, old faithful isn't so faithful anymore . My laptop is in the process of dying, well sort of. If you move the screen just a hair, it shuts down the system immediately. Then you have to try and move the screen to a different spot 4-8 times and hope you can restart it again. The tech guy wants tons of money for a new motherboard, but he can't guarentee that will fix it. I'm not sure which is a better job, a computer tech or a weather man! (I think it's just some sort of a short from the computer to the monitor, but I'm no techy). Anyway, I've searched the board and I'm not sure how to 'deactive' my Adobe Suite. Out of about 10 programs, I've only used about four. Do I only have to deactivate them individually, or is there away to do the whole Suite at once? What would I do if I can't get my computer to come to life long enough to deactivate the programs? Can anyone recommend a great laptop to replace mine. I would like at least a 17" monitor, 8 gigs of ram, 500 gig minimum hard drive, and not sure about which is the best processor. Also, would Adobe CS4 work OK with Windows 7, or are most of you using XP? Thanks for any help. Cin

• 1. Re: Deactivate
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

When you deactivate any of the programs of a suite, you effectively deactivate the whole suite. If you can keep one of the programs alive long enough, then that should do the trick. If it doesn't, you can always call support, explain the situation and have them reset your activation count on the server. I will hold back with recommendations, as models here in Europe are certainly different from what's sold in the US (not just because of different voltage), but it should not be too hard to find something suitable. CS4 should run on Win 7 64bit, so it would be relatively safe to get that OS. There are a few issues here and there, mostly due to the different security settings and driver model compared to Win vista, but most of it can be resolved.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Deactivate
            Lost In My Mind Level 1

Thank you as always Mylenium for your time and knowledge. You are a terrific resource.     Cin

PS. I didn't know they made different computers in Europe....

• 3. Re: Deactivate
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Yeah, they do. The old gag of deactivating USB ports, Bluetooth, adding different covers/ casings etc.. All of that silly little things, that would, as companies like to say, "allow to best serve the customer's needs".

Mylenium