1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2010 6:06 AM by Gregory Lafrance

Question regarding forms in Flex 3

willise414 Level 1

Hello,

I currently have a Word form document that is filled out and then converted to HTML and displayed on several monitors at various workstations throught my office.

I would like to use Flex 3 to customize this process a little. I want to be able to create a Flex application that a manger can use to fill in the various forms, using combo boxes, etc, then export it to the workstation monitors for employees to view. The information must be locked at the workstation - employees can not have the ability to change the information.

Can I do this with Flex or is it better to jsut stick with the Word document? There will not be a need for any database interaction (unless it is required to disable functionality on the workstation monitors).

I hope I explained what I need clearly enough!

Thanks for any help!

• 1. Re: Question regarding forms in Flex 3
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6

People viewing the data would access the Flex app via a URL, and the manager could use the "admin" section of the app to enter the data.

You would need something on the back end to store the data entered by the manager.

You could use AMFPHP to implement a "push" technology to update viewers screens with new data automagically.

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.

Greg Lafrance - Flex 2 and 3 ACE certified

www.ChikaraDev.com