5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2010 8:38 AM by JaysonM-Y-Vzqtgy

AE crashed and locked me out of my project - THANK YOU ADOBE

I was using dynamic link at the time, not sure if that had anything to do with it but i guess when you try to make two flaky programs work together this sort of thing is bound to happen. Well, time to start from scratch.Hey, now theres a product suggestion todd, you think if i suggest "rewrite all of adobes software from scratch, but this time using competent programmers" that they'll go for it? How many millions of dollars did adobe dump into the development/hostiletakeover of AE's code anyways?

• 1. Re: AE crashed and locked me out of my project - THANK YOU ADOBE
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What do you mean by "locked me out of my project"?  AE should create a crash file if the application crashes - sometimes the crash files open, sometimes not, but you should still be able to open the previous saved version. Or, if you're using AutoSave (which you should be!) you can open one of the previous saved versions.  In addition, if you're using an Apple machine and Time Machine, you'll have more backup copies stored in the Time Machine archive that are no more than an hour old.

• 2. Re: AE crashed and locked me out of my project - THANK YOU ADOBE
            shooternz Level 6

Instead of an "un-hinged rant" ...why not tell us a bit more

about your project and your hardware and your system.

Maybe you will get a sympathetic hearing from someone not toatlly alienated by your  approach to your issue and you may get offered some help.

FYI: you are in a tiniest minority of users that would agree with your sentiments as you posted them and most are more than  satisfied with the applications that you consider "flaky".  It is likely that  most of them are professional users.

• 3. Re: AE crashed and locked me out of my project - THANK YOU ADOBE
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I suggest you pull yourself together and stop running off with your mouth. So far each and every posting of yours has been on the edge of a rant or been one right away. Given, that you admitted yourself to be using the program for only for a short while, I find that more than odd that you blame specific tools and features, when your inexperience is just as much part of the problem. This strikes me as yet another one of these cases. Now it's impossible to even see what's going on, since you don't bother to provide any info about your system, what footages you used, what your steps were when initiating the DL connection etc.., which is another of those things... I know losing work sucks, but it happens and that's why people use  versions and backups and that - once more - is fully in your hands. I will quietly bow out of this thread before this turns into yet another of those furball threads I'm so tired off, but maybe someone here might find it in his heart to still help you, regardless of your rude and insulting behavior...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: AE crashed and locked me out of my project - THANK YOU ADOBE
                bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

Such straight talk got a post of mine pulled. Oh, wiat, there was sarcasm intermingled with the blunt honesty of advising a newbie to learn to use the application before posting.

I'm going to be terribly offended if someone isn't terribly offended.

bogiesan

• 5. Re: AE crashed and locked me out of my project - THANK YOU ADOBE
                  JaysonM-Y-Vzqtgy Level 1

First of all, I don't believe that you're trolling and I just love how, even tho you complain, you're a loyal Adobe user. Keep up the good work and support!

ps: you should try to make creative software. i'm sure it would work flawlessly.