1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2010 2:09 PM by 370H55V

Comments in home copy?

SDG1776

In Reader 710, can I comment (or underline or highlight) on my home copy of a pdf file, for my personal use?

There is no comment command to allow comments on shared, online pdfs but thats not my concern.

• 1. Re: Comments in home copy?
          370H55V Level 4

Commenting tools are available  only in PDFs that have commenting enabled. PDFs in a review workflow typically include commenting rights.

You can use the Highlight Text tool, Cross-Out Text tool, and the Underline Text tool to add comments by themselves or in conjunction with notes. The Cross-Out Text tool and the Underline Text tool don’t appear in the Comment & Markup toolbar, by default.

You can add a highlight with a note or you can cross out text by selecting the text using the Select tool or Text Edits tool, and then choosing that option from the menu that appears. However, if you’re marking up a lot of text, the  specialized tools are faster and easier to use.

1. Choose Tools > Comment & Markups, and select the Highlight Text tool ,  the Cross-Out Text tool ,  or the Underline Text tool .
            Note: If you want to apply more than one comment using the Cross-Out Text tool or the Underline Text tool, choose View > Toolbars > Properties Bar, and select Keep Tool Selected in the Properties toolbar after you select the tool. The Highlight Text tool stays selected after you make the first comment.
          2. Drag from the beginning of the text you  want to mark up. Ctrl-drag (Windows/UNIX) or Option-drag (Mac OS) to mark up a rectangular area of text. This is especially useful when marking up text in a column.
          3. (Optional) To add a note, double-click the  markup to add text in a pop-up note.

More info on 7 here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrfaq.html