I'm a new Google Summer of Code mentor for both the Wikimedia Foundation and the R Project, and I'm looking for students with Flex 4 experience who want to make $5000 over the summer adding http://tinyurl.org/osl08 components to Mediawiki.
If you are a interested student looking for work over the summer, please:
(1) Make sure you can compile, run, and test http://actionscript.pastebin.com/r9P87093 with mxmlc, and try to figure out how it works. Maybe clean up the code a little (it was written by a non-native English speaker so things like "level" are spelled "leval" etc.)
(2) Become familiar with http://www.rtmpd.com/ , Red5
(3) Read the instructions and FAQ at http://socghop.appspot.com/
(4) Add your name and either a wiki home page with email enabled, or your email address to: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2010#Student_signup
(5) Register and submit a student proposal at http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/list_proposals/google/gsoc2010/wikimedia
The student application deadline is April 9, but there has been some confusion about time zones with the GSoC management, so my mentor-imposed student deadline for this is April 7.
Please feel free to forward this announcement to your campus CS and EE undergraduates.
Thank you and good luck!
--James Salsman firstname.lastname@example.org