6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 5:45 AM by Ken Binney-GnPIX3

Safari - Does this site display properly?

Ken Binney-GnPIX3 Level 4

Webmaster friend of mine is getting reports of erratic display of his site.

Would appreciate confirmation if applicable

Many thanks

http://www.guidetoossining.com/main.php

• 1. Re: Safari - Does this site display properly?
          pziecina Level 6

Hi

It does not display correctly in Firefox or Safari. This is caused by your use of tables for layout purposes.

PZ

• 2. Re: Safari - Does this site display properly?
            osgood_ Level 8

It displays in both Firefox and Safari on the Mac BUT I wouldn't necessarily say the pages where 'smooth' loading. They do tend to be a bit eratic as the information is being gathered and displayed.

I don't know why, maybe its just a lot of information overload.

It's by no means unusable, but the experience could be a lot more seamless from page to page.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Safari - Does this site display properly?
              osgood_ Level 8

Actually looking at it again it's not the main information that's exhibiting problems, that loads reasonable smoothly, it seems to be the blue fade background behind the main information. On some pages it eratically jumps up and down quite a bit before eventually settling down.

The background goes absolutely mental (jumping up and down) particularly on this page - Ossining Chambers

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Safari - Does this site display properly?
                pziecina Level 6

Hi osgood

In FF and safari on both the pc and mac the tab "About the environment" is cut off half way, and all the right hand tabs in Safari are cut-off to some degree, the scrolling banner info at the top is a single line in FF, but a multi-line in Safari. The weather info has no image in Safari, but has one in FF.

The site is also very slow to load.

PZ

• 5. Re: Safari - Does this site display properly?
                  osgood_ Level 8

pziecina wrote:

Hi osgood

In FF and safari on both the pc and mac the tab "About the environment" is cut off half way, and all the right hand tabs in Safari are cut-off to some degree, the scrolling banner info at the top is a single line in FF, but a multi-line in Safari. The weather info has no image in Safari, but has one in FF.

The site is also very slow to load.

PZ

Looked ok in my versions of Firefox/Safari on Mac. I didn't notice any tabs cut off halfway down or right-hand tabs partially missing. Sounds as though it would have been immediately obvious.

All I really saw was the 'jumping' background on a few pages but particularly bad on one page. The pages didn't load too slowly for me, most were quite reasonable.

I tried to take another look but Ken has taken it down for maintenance.

• 6. Re: Safari - Does this site display properly?
                    Ken Binney-GnPIX3 Level 4

Many thanks to both of you, You've been very helpful.