5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2010 7:09 AM by the_wine_snob

Elements 8 demanding heavy resources and playing choppy.

NegativelyChrgd

Hello everyone,

I have been trying everything I can and I wanted to get some advice because I'm not really sure what I should do to remedy my situation. I have a Canon VIXIA HF20 HD camcorder and when I try to upload and edit just about anything with it in Premiere I get choppy playback, and poor final renders of movies I attempt to export. Source footage I record at the standard resolution of 7Mbps plays somewhat smooth at first, but when I add more clips the playback quality goes down. Don't even ask when it comes to editing and importing 24Mbps Full HD clips, those grind playback to a halt and make editing very much impossible. (Which is what I want to fix along with choppy playback with all resolutions). When I check the task manager it says that Premiere is using roughly 600000-800000K on average(Is this normal?). My PCs specs should be enough to handle this I would think...I've read several things online and have arrived at several possibilities to resolve the issue. However I have spent enough money on getting all this stuff to work and I only want to invest on the sure solution. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Below are my PCs specs. If more information is needed please let me know, I would really like to see this issue fixed.

OS - 64bit Windows 7

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Processor 3.00 GHz

RAM - 8.00 GB

Graphics - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 280

Hard Drive (1) - Western Digital Caviar Black  640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache  SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5