2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 5:24 PM by Steve Grisetti

Using sceneline and timeline

schuel2 Level 1

Hi All,

I am trialling Premiere Elements and have had a lot of experience using Adobe Premiere.

I am having some fundamental problems working out how to add clips to the timeline.

In my Sceneline I can see two clips but when I switch to the timeline only one is visible.

I cannot play both clips together one after the other in the Sceneline.

Furthemore I am unable to drag a second clip into the Timeline - the mouse icon does not switch to the Insert icon.

Would really appreciate some basic help to get my evaluation on track.

Clips have been captured as Microsoft AVIs.

David

• 1. Re: Using sceneline and timeline
          the_wine_snob Level 9

In Timeline View Mode, you may have to scroll the view (far-right of the Timeline), as PrE has a different layout, than Pr/PrPro does. In PrE, the Audio & Video are grouped together, so that it is tougher to see (IMHO). The vertical scroll bars are not that easily seen on many displays.

Usually, the only time that Clips do not go onto Video Track 1 is when one is using Sceneline and have AVCHD Clips w/ DD 5.1 SS and did not set that up in the Project Preset.

I cannot think of any reason that your two Clips would not move to VT 1.

As a test, could you start another Project, Import those DV-AVI's, switch to Timeline View Mode, and then drag them to Video Track 1 from the Project Panel? This is just a test, to make sure that something is not smurfed with the installation.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Using sceneline and timeline
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Meantime be sure to check out my free Basic Training with Premiere Elements tutorials at Muvipix.com!

They'll get you up and running.