7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2010 4:17 PM by kevinmor1234

Transfering product to Dreamweaver

kygirls97

We currently have an E-Commerce site with Prostores ( www.lovablepetsupplies.com) and would like to transfer all of or products and info into Dreamweaver. We are not able to customize our site the way we want to so we were told we could transfer all our info over into Dreamweaver. We don't know how to do it, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• 2. Re: Transfering product to Dreamweaver
          kygirls97 Level 1

Thank you for your response.  I don't know where to get a file of my site.  I watched your video before actually and it is very informative, however I still don't know where to get a file.  I have a https address can I use this?  They know longer support a link from Prostores to Dreamweaver, appartenly this only works with a very old version of Dreamweaver.  Is there any way to copy my site into Dreamweaver?  Thanks in advance for your help.

• 3. Re: Transfering product to Dreamweaver
            bregent Most Valuable Participant

>Is there any way to copy my site into Dreamweaver?

The way you typically do this is to use DW built in FTP client to download the files from your server. Do you already have the files on your PC? Do you have FTP access to your server?

• 4. Re: Transfering product to Dreamweaver
              kygirls97 Level 1

No files on my computer, FTP access only to Google. 

• 5. Re: Transfering product to Dreamweaver
                Mike_Watt Level 2

"FTP access only to Google."

That doesn't really mean anything. I mean, that doesn't make sense. Being completely serious, it sounds like you need A LOT more help than you can reasonably expect to find on a web forum.

Good luck.

• 6. Re: Transfering product to Dreamweaver
                  kygirls97 Level 1

Prostore curently only sends FTP feeds to google base.  Prostores tells me I can work with Dreamweaver and that the admin http is how I get my site to load into Dreamweaver.  Prostores use to have an extention to Dreamweaver, but have since disabled it.  Maybe the question should be how do I get a file copy of my site?

• 7. Re: Transfering product to Dreamweaver
                    kevinmor1234

i dont know if you have already solved your problem, but what you need to do

is connect to the hosting site. Use dreamweaver to connect. Go to the top to the tool box of dreamweaver. click on manage sites. It looks like three computers, click new site. then type in your website domain name.( your webaddress).www.whatever.com. you then need to enter your username and password. click test on the right hand side. this will test your connection. You get your username and password from your hosting company. Once a connection is made you then need to get the program from that site and put it onto your dreamweaver software. ON the toolbar of dreamweaver, there is a box that is labeled "title". Next to that are two arrows an up and down arrow. these are used to get the program and to upload the program. you want to get the program so use the "get" arrow. YOu now have you website on your computer. From here you are on your own. i dont know how to update the ecommerce yet. I am still learning myself.