1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2010 11:28 PM by martcol

Trouble positioning footer

poorlostsoul

I've created a mess and I've gotten lost. My instructor wanted us to have items on both an external and internal style sheet. I have eight pages in the website I'm building all different.  I chose the predesigned layouts for my products pages because I wanted logos in a column on the left and pictures and text on the right. I wasn't sure if I needed elastic or fixed, so I went with elastic, thinking it would move with the images placed within. I'm getting confused with all the div tags and where they close. I've tried to paste things over into notepad++ so I can click on the div tags to see where they close and it helps a little.

I've been having a lot of trouble displaying my footer section. It's a background image with text on top of it.  I've viewed my pages in Dreamweaver through through the links they have to FireFox and IE.  When I see the page in FireFox the background image of the footer doesn't display and the photos that are directly above the footer are encroaching into the footer section.

When viewing in IE, the footer is thrown to the top of the page near my navigational bar links and again the footer background image doesn't display. I don't know if it's an issue with clear? This is within Dreamweaver. It looks ok on the Dreamweaver development but not in the browsers. Any ideas what I should look for?

Can this page still be save or do I need to start from scratch. The names of the divs have gotten confusing to me. If anyone can see my errors, I'd appreciate the help. I know it's a mess.

• 1. Re: Trouble positioning footer
          martcol Level 4

poorlostsoul wrote:

Can this page still be save or do I need to start from scratch. The names of the divs have gotten confusing to me. If anyone can see my errors, I'd appreciate the help. I know it's a mess.

It will be easier to see things if we can see your page.

One thing that you might do to help yourself is use Firefox Browser and  the FireBug and Webdeveloper plug-ins they have tools that allow you to preview the page and outline components as well as see your page structure while you fiddle with the CSS.

Martin

1 person found this helpful