2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2010 4:37 AM by johnbarrett1

issues I have had with CF Builder

johnbarrett1

Hi,

I have had lots of issues getting CF Builder installed and working.

So my goal is to get one eclipse with CF Builder, Flash Builder & FDT

Using Mac OS X (10.6.2) ColdFusion 9/port 80 (under JRun4)

to start(and why I ask here) was to install CF Builder:

step one install Eclipse (Java version Galileo).

Downloaded CF Builder as a plugin in

I did notice that the plugins where installed in /Applications/CF Builder,... but I assume that the plugins themselves were install into the eclipse plugin folder? Should I have installed everything in the eclipse folder? I just went for the defaults.

The first thing I noticed was no code hinting! I also discover after creating a server it would only last during the session. That is, on re start the server would be gone, and I would have to re create it. Also, the RDS gave be a forbidden error(I think 403). I did use the RDS password,and the server was running. As a test I did the same thing in dreamweaver CS 4 and worked perfectly, so I don't think that anything is wrong on the CF Side.

I am wondering did I just get a bad download or are others having issues as well? I have been using Eclipse for some time, and not an expert by any means, but I know my way around the IDE a little bit.

Any help would be great,

Thanks

Johnny

• 1. Re: issues I have had with CF Builder
          krishnapreddy_adobe Level 2

I believe this is a cache issue  bacause the installation type is changed from Beta to Final release.

Installing into default location is fine as you did.

Workaround to the issue:

Remove the file named 'cfbuilder.link' from the eclipse_home\dropins directory by backing it up at some other location. Now launch the eclipse (This clear-off the eclipse cache).Now put back the cfbuilder.link file into the dropins directory and launch Eclipse to see the ColdFusion perspective.

Hope this resolves your issue.

• 2. Re: issues I have had with CF Builder
            johnbarrett1 Level 1

Hi,

Thanks so much for your post.

Well today I re-installed Flash Builder 4 & ColdFusion Builder(as I got the student licence). I fist installed Flash Builder 4, and then I installed ColdFusion Builder as a plugin into Flash Builder 4, and it works!

I am so happy. Maybe I should of tried the eclipse way again, but I heard many people on twitter saying this way worked for them with no issues, and it did for me too, I am so happy

thanks so much for your help,

Johnny