3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2007 5:06 AM by Newsgroup_User

Fireworks for Mac

Michaela1
      I recently went from MX2004 fireworks on a PC to fireworks8 on a mac. At first I thought there was something wrong with the installation but now I realize that the mac version of adobe fireworks doesn't have the document tab feature. This is driving me nuts. I'm used to jumping back and forth between images to create a montage or opening several images at once- now when I do this my entire worksurface is just cluttered with open images of different sizes. Is there a workaround or an update that will help me get something close to the PC version of tabs?
        • 1. Re: Fireworks for Mac
          Level 7
          There was a thread recently on the subject. Mac's have a way of togling
          between open documents. It is inherent to the OS apparently.

(sorry, not a Mac user)

alex

Michaela1 wrote:
          > I recently went from MX2004 fireworks on a PC to fireworks8 on a mac. At first
          > I thought there was something wrong with the installation but now I realize
          > that the mac version of adobe fireworks doesn't have the document tab feature.
          > This is driving me nuts. I'm used to jumping back and forth between images to
          > create a montage or opening several images at once- now when I do this my
          > entire worksurface is just cluttered with open images of different sizes. Is
          > there a workaround or an update that will help me get something close to the
          > PC version of tabs?
          >
          • 2. Re: Fireworks for Mac
            Michaela1 Level 1
            Alex thanks for the reply, could you point me to that thread you mentioned? I'm thinking maybe I will just install parallels so I can use my windows version of some of these programs!
            • 3. Re: Fireworks for Mac
              Level 7
              Looks like you found it :)

Michaela1 wrote:
              > Alex thanks for the reply, could you point me to that thread you mentioned? I'm thinking maybe I will just install parallels so I can use my windows version of some of these programs!