10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2010 7:25 PM by the_wine_snob

Locking Premiere

phabrica

Locking Premier - after placing video on the desktop does not play the same play, has only audio. The Adobe support to months has no soluction for somthing basic. Could help me?

• 1. Re: Locking Premiere
          Curt Wrigley Level 4

You need to provide some info:

How did you create the video?  What export details?  System Specs:

• 2. Re: Locking Premiere
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A link with many ideas about computer setup http://forums.adobe.com/thread/436215?tstart=0

Work through all of the steps (ideas) listed at http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the questions at the end of the troubleshooting link

• 3. Re: Locking Premiere
              Level 4

Hi,

I had that problem yesterday.  only audio.

I rebooted my computer and tried again and it was OK...   I think its was a memory available problem for me...

Maybe you don't have enough memory

Rod

• 4. Re: Locking Premiere
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

As this could be caused by all sorts of things, from your computer, to your original Assets, to your Export settings, we do need more info, as Curt mentions. This ARTICLE will give you some idea about what would be very useful.

When you do get back with the info, please give full details on your Export settings. That would be my first guess, and it would be a good thing to either explore, or eliminate in a hurry, so we can concentrate on other possibilities.

Good luck, and we'll be looking for that info,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Locking Premiere
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  I think its was a memory available problem for me..

Rod,

I had one of those once, but now do not remember how I fixed it...

Hunt

• 6. Re: Locking Premiere
                    Level 4

Bill,

Hi...  I just rebooted...cleared memory...think it "leaks" a bit with CS3

and photoshop and everything ...capturing from tape....when you close the

programs I don't think the memory is being cleared.

Talking about memory..I almost forgot...

Easter eggs must be eaten for any coloring and hunting expeditions...

sooooo

a) golf balls won't work

b) I forget what b was

Rod

• 7. Re: Locking Premiere
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Rod,

At my age, "memory leaks" are an unfortunate fact-o-life. I used to take genko to improve my memory, but kept forgetting to take the pills.

Per another thread, we'll be gathering golf balls from the back and side yard (right off of the 8th green and 9th tee), but I will NOT try to eat them. If they are Callaway 56's, I'll play 'em. If they are Titleist Pro-V 1's, my buddy will play 'em. For the rest, I'll give them to the USGA Junior Golf program, or to our troops fighting around the globe through my CC's donation program to the troops. No eating - I promise!

Now, since the course really toughens up, past my house, I think that I will start a concession, when I retire completely. I'll set up a table, an umbrella and a sign, "Bill's Balls," and sell these foundlings to golfers, who might need a few extras, as they take on the High Sonoran Desert and a tough target golf course, that eats golf balls. Even though I try to play it weekly (not so fortunate lately), I have only completed 1 round with the same ball that I started with.

OK, I have gone so far off-topic, that Jeff will banish me to the lounge again, and I just got freed! Killing time, until the OP comes back with the info to help us help them.

Happy Easter and a wonderful end of Passover to all,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Locking Premiere
                        Level 4

: )

Rod

• 9. Re: Locking Premiere
                          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>think that I will start a concession

Considering the size of your wine cellar... you should buy a big supply of plastic glasses and offer wine by the glass

The passing golfers will REALLY appreciate how you help their game... well, maybe not help, but after 2-3 glasses they won't be able to add, so they will THINK you are helping their golf game!

• 10. Re: Locking Premiere
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

John T.,

There have been a few rounds, where we pulled over at the 9th tee, and walked up to the cellar for some Sauvignon Blanc. Normally, this is in the Summer, when the course is very empty, and we appreciate some shade and the misting system, plus the wines. Anyone behind us can play through, or join us on the pool level - wine is on me!

Hunt