2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2010 2:56 PM by the_wine_snob

Problem when imported Mp3 file

eyal saban Level 1

Hi,

I think there is bug in PrPro Cs4 4.21 (Or it is just on my system) when improted Mp3 file , the file is loaded and conferm the duration is correct and

I can see the full waveform.

when i place the file on the timeline and play it mute the 2nd half of the file, i have try various mp3 that work with out any problem on PrPro CS2.

I know that is workaround (convert to Wav) and saw a post regarding this issue http://forums.adobe.com/message/2375384#2375384

just wanted to know is it a bug or somthing not work for me.

• 1. Re: Problem when imported Mp3 file
          Harm Millaard Level 7

A bug is only a bug if it can be replicated, otherwise it is a feature. Since it can't be replicated, it is a feature, probably of your source material.

• 2. Re: Problem when imported Mp3 file
            the_wine_snob Level 9

One consideration is that MP3's can contain a lot of "stuff." Some of this "stuff" can prove problematic. With the exception of tiny SFX files, I ALWAYS convert all MP3's to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit, prior to Import.

One of the things that MP3's can contain is album art. Conversion strips that "stuff" out.

Good luck, and I strongly recommend against using MP3's.

Hunt

PS - conversion will NOT restore all the data that has been lost in the MP3 compression. That is gone forever.

1 person found this helpful