4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2010 9:12 AM by PapaSunny

Viewing PDF files within your browser

tdp47

Ever since I updated to a newer version of the reader (about a week ago), every time I try to access a pdf file within my browser (Firefox), I get the message "The version of Acrobar Reader currently running cannot view PDF files within your browser..."  Does anyone have a fix?

• 1. Re: Viewing PDF files within your browser
          PapaSunny

I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.3 last night and started having the same exact problem.  This morning I went to START and using the "Start Search" feature box typed in "Adobe" because I wanted to see if I still had any older Adobe Acrobat Reader files on my computer that were competing with 9.3.  As soon as I typed "Adobe" and clicked on the magnifying glass (or just hit "enter") I received a message that Windows was initializing Adobe Acrobat 9.3.  After it finished initializing everything worked perfectly.  The problem appears to be that Windows is not initializing the download automatically upon restart.  Maybe my fix was a fluke, but it is working fine now.

• 2. Re: Viewing PDF files within your browser
            pwillener Level 8

You may have upgraded Adobe Reader from a very old version ("Acrobat Reader") without uninstalling the old Reader first.

Uninstall both versions, then reinstall the latest version again.

• 3. Re: Viewing PDF files within your browser
              tdp47 Level 1

Thanks for your help. I finally solved the problem by opening Acrobat, and under Help found a "Repair Faulty Installation" which I ran.  Everything is now back to normal.

• 4. Re: Viewing PDF files within your browser
                PapaSunny Level 1

Great!

>>> tdp47 04/06/10 8:22 PM >>>

Thanks for your help. I finally solved the problem by opening Acrobat, and under Help found a "Repair Faulty Installation" which I ran. Everything is now back to normal.