4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2010 11:51 AM by Steve Grisetti

transition help

Guelpheritis

Hope someone can help me with this (and it's not too confusing). I'm trying to edit a film trailer together, and would like to zoom in on a still image through the length of the trailer (about 30 seconds), while interspersing it with film clips. I've got the still image on the Video 3 line, and the film clips on the Video 2 line. The problem I'm having is that I have to clip the still image to allow the film clips to be viewed, but I can't apply a zoom to the whole still image sequence (it's now a sequence, rather than one clip). The zoom works with one clip of the still image, but it overlays the film clips if I do it this way.

Does this request make sense? Anyone able to help with this?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: transition help
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Why not put the zoom sequence on a lower video track and drop your clips on tracks above it?

• 2. Re: transition help
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, instead of doing a "sequence" (not sure how you did this), just use one instance of the still image. Place it on Video Track 1, and then Click-drag on the Tail to get its Duration to suit.

Now, Keyframe the fixed Effect>Motion>Scale (and Motion>Position, if necessary), to do the Zoom during that entire Duration.

With your Video Clips on higher Video Tracks, you can Scale them, if necessary to get a PiP (Picture in Picture) look, or just have the appear totally over the animated still.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

• 3. Re: transition help
              Guelpheritis Level 1

Worked perfectly! Thanks! I'm in the learning phase now and some of the obvious fixes aren't so obvious...

• 4. Re: transition help
                the_wine_snob Level 9

You might want to also take a look at this FAQ Entry. Steve, besides being our MOD, is a world-class author, and has both his Boot Camp, plus the Learning Series on Muvipix. One can also purchase his highly-recommended books from there too.

While on the Muvipix site, see his articles on Keyframing, as they will come in handy for doing what you describe, and offer so much control.

Good luck,

Hunt