4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2010 9:09 AM by the_wine_snob

Can't Rename video tracks in Bootcamp

Anoel43

Hi,

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 on my Macbook Pro on the Windows 7 bootcamped partition. I try to rename my video tracks by right clicking (or control clicking for that matter) but all that happens is they become highlighted or unhighlighted (or nothing if the track is locked). My right click works for other applications as well as other parts of Premiere (renaming the sequence, etc) but not the video tracks. How can I fix this?

• 1. Re: Can't Rename video tracks in Bootcamp
          Curt Wrigley Level 4

If the track is not locked, you should be able to right click on the track name "video 1" and a pop menu option should be "Rename".

I have no experience running Pr on MAC in a windows emaulation.  I suspect that is the problem.  Do you have admin rights?

Curious why you dont just run the MAC ver of Pr?

• 2. Re: Can't Rename video tracks in Bootcamp
            Anoel43 Level 1

Yeah I right click  on Video 1 (2, 3, etc) and I don't get any pop up menus, just highlighting or not.

I do have admin rights. I just don't know the right clicking works for everything else but this. And I'm using PC because I use Avisynth for post processing and it doesn't work on a Mac.

• 3. Re: Can't Rename video tracks in Bootcamp
              Curt Wrigley Level 4

If this were standard Windows the next step would be to check that you have all the latest drivers.  Win7 is notorious to have incorrect or outdated drivers as default.

• 4. Re: Can't Rename video tracks in Bootcamp
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Make sure that you are Rt-clicking ON the Track Name in the Track Header. Otherwise, you will just Target the Track. Depending on your screen rez, you might have to be very exact with cursor placement. It can be rather like finding the vertical zoom handles, between Tracks - a pixel hunt!

[Edit] Just tried this in PrPro 2.0 (obviously on a PC), and the cursor position was not anywhere near as critical, as I suspected. Anywhere in the Header got me the Rename option. Guess that I always did it right on the Track Name, and made an incorrect assumption. Sorry for that.

I've not heard of Bootcamp loosing the Renaming capabilities, but have to admit to being a PC-only guy.

Good luck,

Hunt