2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2010 7:55 PM by David_F57

Flex Configure PHP Server

jeffcg2

Do I have to have a PHP webserver running locally to create a PHP project in Flash Builder?

I have just about always used Coldfusion running my own servers, but this year decided to switch to a hosting company.

I just today was able to connect Dreamweaver with PHP MySQL to create my first simple database app.

Now it would seem logical to me that I would be able to connect directly to the remote MySQL data from Flash Builder 4.

But when I get to the Configure PHP Server it asks for a Web root: and Root URL I've tried several things but all I get is "The selected web root folder does not exist".

Should this work and if any ideas on what I need to do?

• 1. Re: Flex Configure PHP Server
          David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

At the moment you need to run a local server wamp/mamp, when you build your release version you upload your services and config files you just need to change the amf-Config file to your host address. (there are a lot of references to setting up local testing and remote release in the archived flashbuilder flex sdk forum(just search on  'zend').

David.

• 2. Re: Flex Configure PHP Server
            jeffcg2 Level 1

Thank you for the quick reply.

I was afraid of that. I haven't tried to enable php on my local webserver for at least a couple of years so I was not looking forward to doing that again.