2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2010 9:04 AM by cdroessler

Indoor sport camcorder recommendation

cdroessler

Can anyone recommend a cheap/reasonable HD camcorder for indoor sports, that works well with PE 8?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Indoor sport camcorder recommendation
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

HD as in hi-def, right? Not as in hard drive.

Best choice is the Canon HV series. These are tape-based HDV camcorders that sell for about $600-700. It's hard to find tape-based camcorders in stores, but you can still find them online. Premiere Elements handles these video files very efficiently and the results are excellent!

The Canon HF series are AVCHD hard-drive hi-def camcorders. They cost about the same and are pretty easy to come by. But AVCHD can be very challenging for some computers to work with. Most people successfully editing it are using quad core processors -- and some people have found that even that isn't enough to work with AVCHD in Premiere Elements 8.

So it's your call. These are both excellent camcorders. Though, if it were me, I'd definitely try to find a Canon HV.

• 2. Re: Indoor sport camcorder recommendation
            cdroessler Level 1

Thats correct Steve,  hi-def.

Thanks!!!

Chuck Roessler

-

Steve Grisetti <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

HD as in hi-def, right? Not as in hard drive.

Best choice is the Canon HV series. These are tape-based HDV camcorders that sell for about $600-700. It's hard to find tape-based camcorders in stores, but you can still find them online. Premiere Elements handles these video files very efficiently and the results are excellent!

The Canon HF series are AVCHD hard-drive hi-def camcorders. They cost about the same and are pretty easy to come by. But AVCHD can be very challenging for some computers to work with. Most people successfully editing it are using quad core processors -- and some people have found that even that isn't enough to work with AVCHD in Premiere Elements 8.

So it's your call. These are both excellent camcorders. Though, if it were me, I'd definitely try to find a Canon HV.

>