5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2010 8:20 AM by gggold

I am having problems exporting any file format in CS4 premiere

gggold

I am having problems exporting my movies from the premiere Pro Cs4.  I  go to export to any format (quicktime, Mpeg4,Avi, Flash) and at first I  rendered an animation but I couldn't replace it later (even with the same name).  Then I can't  find where my movies are at.  I search for them, then I take them out  of space and place them into a folder on the c drive.  But the key  is, I took them out of space.  I don't know where they were in  the first place.  Then when I place them in the folder, they don't  play.  As if I took them from where they were at and out from the place  the movies had all of its components to it and put the movies somewhere  else.    Please help.  I have a 30 day trial and I only have 2 days  left.  Or you can email me.

• 1. Re: I am having problems exporting any file format in CS4 premiere
          gggold Level 1

O did I forgot to mention this is a 30 day trial?

• 2. Re: I am having problems exporting any file format in CS4 premiere
            the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, you did post a new thread.

First, the trial will support nothing MPEG, in either Import, or Export - nothing. That is a limitation of the trial.

This ARTICLE will give you tips on the necessary info, for us to offer any help, beyond the above statement on the limitation of the trial.

You can use DV-AVI files and can Export to any supported format, so long as it is NOT MPEG. Other than that limitation, you can do everything else in PrPro.

Also, can you clarify this statement, as I am just not following:

I take them out  of space

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

• 3. Re: I am having problems exporting any file format in CS4 premiere
              Harm Millaard Level 7

That was done on the last trip with the Challenger.

• 4. Re: I am having problems exporting any file format in CS4 premiere
                gggold Level 1

You know when you try to find things you go to search or find right?  Draging my files out of space means I took the files from the find and I put them in a folder on the desktop.  Sometime it doesn't tell you where your work is.  But perhaps your right.  If your doing a 30 day trial you can't export your movies at all.

• 5. Re: I am having problems exporting any file format in CS4 premiere
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  But perhaps your right.  If your doing a 30 day trial you can't export your movies at all.

This is not totally correct. One CAN Export to many, many different formats, but just NOT MPEG-anything. If you Import, say DV-AVI Type II's, you can Export to a myriad of formats from the trial. You just cannot choose anything MPEG. That is the one limitation of the trial.

Also, Adobe offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee, if you buy PrPro. If you do not like it, or it does not work for you, just return it, within 30-days, and you get your money back. With the full-paid version, there is no limitation, with MPEG, or anything else.

Also, depending on what you are using in your Find, there should also be a Path listed. That will be the location of your files. Also, once you have Imported these into PrPro, you can go to the Project Panel, Rt-click on it, and Locate in Bridge. That will Open Bridge and go to your file. Look in the Panel to the left for the tree to see exactly where it's located. I also think that in CS4, you can get the full Path from the Properties Panel, but check me out on that.

Good luck,

Hunt