3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2010 9:47 AM by sholditch

Is Flash a Dying Technology

Bloke Level 1

I saw a post in the Dreameaver forum

and a quote from Steve Jobs that Flash is a "Dying technology". What are you thoughts?

Article here.

• 1. Re: Is Flash a Dying Technology
          little*big*man Level 2

I don't think so.  Jobs is speaking from a standpoint of "what can X do for Apple products to help consumers digest our content."  If he can sell books and mp3s without Flash, so be it.  HTML5, Javascript, etc may be able to do things that Flash is good at, but there are some things that Flash offers that you can't do nearly as well with other platforms, especially with all the workflow integration with PS and Illustrator.

Sean

• 2. Re: Is Flash a Dying Technology
            Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That just wishful thinking... some folks just have personal issues with Flash.

• 3. Re: Is Flash a Dying Technology
              sholditch

I'm starting to develop personal issues. I have been trying to get a button to play an imported video for two solid days without any succ

ess. I have looked for help everywhere and the only spot that has been the least bit productive has been this forum. Even research

ing specific error messages on the adobe support site yielded nothing. I think Flash could seriously help itself out wit

h a much more user friendly way to get specific answers to specific questions.