7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 12:22 AM by adagio77

XP64 bit Cannot Install 5.7

PeterKBurian

I know I cannot use the automated installer with XP64 bit but where do I find the small RAW file to install manually?

After the download, I have Extensions, Resources, Installer R and Setup but where is the .8bi file? I cannot find it in any of those folders.

• 1. Re: XP64 bit Cannot Install 5.7
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you tried running the MSI in the appropriate 32 or 64-bit folder?  If those don't work, then the largest Asset 1003 is likely the camera raw.8bi file and all the other assets are the various camera profiles.

So I'd suggest just renaming each 1003 file (32-bit and 64-bit version) to the right name and putting it where the existing ACRs are on your HD, now, and if you are wanting to convert RAWs for a newly supported camera, like the T2i, then you'll need to install the camera profiles, perhaps by running the LR2.7RC install if neither ACR MSI works.

• 2. Re: XP64 bit Cannot Install 5.7
            PeterKBurian Level 1

Thanks for your note, but I am a photographer not a computer wizard. (No idea what running MSI means).

I found Asset 1003 but it does not resemble the .8bi files I have for previous versions of ACR. If I could just find the right .8bi file, I would know how to install it ... just as I did with previous versions of ACR.

It seems that Adobe does not want to allow manual install at this time. Perhaps they will when they release the final version of 5.7 .... as they always did in the past.

Surely I am not the only CS4 owner in the world to experience the 64-bit problem.

P.

• 3. Re: XP64 bit Cannot Install 5.7
              Peter DL

>>If I could just find the right .8bi file, I would know how to install it ... just as I did with previous versions of ACR. <<

ditto

--

• 4. Re: XP64 bit Cannot Install 5.7
                dfranzen_adobe Level 3

Did you already try running the automated installer (Setup.exe) from the .zip archive posted on Adobe Labs? If not, please try it.

Note that just replacing the plugin file (Camera Raw.8bi) does not really fully uprage Camera Raw to 5.7. Camera Raw 5.7 also includes new camera profiles that are also installed when you run the setup program. The Lightroom 2.7 installer and the DNG Converter installer will also install the new profiles (the profiles are resources shared by Lightroom, the plugin and the DNG Converter).

Thanks,

David

• 5. Re: XP64 bit Cannot Install 5.7
                  PeterKBurian Level 1

I tried the automated installer twice. It seemed to run ... forever. Still not finished after 15 minutes. I had to assume

that indicated a failure to install. P.

• 6. Re: XP64 bit Cannot Install 5.7
                    dfranzen_adobe Level 3

Hi Peter,

Thank your for the additional details. I'm sorry this did not work for you on Windows XP 64-bit. If you were installing the 5.7 beta to get support for one of the new cameras, I can suggest trying to use the intaller for the 5.7 DNG Converter and converting files to DNG before working on them with the 5.6 plugin.

-David

• 7. Re: XP64 bit Cannot Install 5.7
                      adagio77

I also tried but am unable to install 5.7 You know 5.6 and 2.6 work just fine so I'll stick w/them. Next time I try this , I think that I will try to install Raw first and if it doesn't work stick with the LR version that I've got.

Tom

LaPaz Mexico