1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2007 10:41 AM by jasonb1013

I need help with controlling two .swf's from third.

jasonb1013
      Hi, thanks for reading!

I need help with controlling two .swf's from third.

I have a problem where I need to use a corporate designed .swf in a digital signage solution, but have been told by the legal department that it can not be modified in any way, I also can't have the source file yada yada. I pulled the .swfs from their website and I decompiled them to see what I was up against.

The main swf that I need to control is HCIC.swf and the problem is it starts w/ a preloader, which after loading stops on a frame that requires user input (button press) on a play button, before the movie will proceed and play through.

What I have done so far is to create a container swf, HCIC_container.swf that will act as Target for the HCIC.swf, and allow me to send actionscript to the file I'm not allowed to modify.

I managed to get that done with the help of someone on another forum. It was my hope that the following script would just start HCIC.swf at a frame past the preloader and play button, and just play through.

var container:MovieClip = createEmptyMovieClip("container", getNextHighestDepth());
      var mcLoader:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
      mcLoader.addListener(this);
      mcLoader.loadClip("MCIC.swf", container);

function onLoadInit(mc:MovieClip) {
      mc.gotoAndPlay(14);
      }

But unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. Because there is a media-controller.swf, that is being loaded by HCIC.swf that has the controls including the play button to start HCIC.swf.

Here's a link to a .zip file with all 3 .swf files, and all 3 .fla files.

http://www.axiscc.com/temp/HCIC.zip

What I need to do is automatically start the HCIC.swf file bypassing the pre-loader and play button without editing it or the media-controller.swf in anyway. So all the scripting needs to be done in HCIC_container.swf.

I know this is confusing, and its difficult to explain, but if you look at the files it should make sense.

ActionScripting is far from my strong point, so I'm definitely over my head here.

Thanks for your help.