4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2010 11:51 AM by the_wine_snob

Export Title Presets to other Computers

Heiko1977

Hello, I'd like to know if there is a way to export Title Presets to other computers.

We need a lot of title presets for names and more complex charts and tables which need to be exactly the same on 4 computers, all of them running Premiere CS4. It would save a lot of work to only have to make these presets once and then copy them over to the other machines.

I imagine they must be located somewhere as single files, that would be great - or if not, is there a way to save them as files (like with export settings, that can be saved as .epr files).

• 1. Re: Export Title Presets to other Computers
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Copy all your presets in C:\Users\<user name>\My Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\4.0\Templates to the other PC's.

• 2. Re: Export Title Presets to other Computers
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I would think about Saving your Titles as a Template (PRTL file), and then just Copying those to each computer. They will still be fully editable in each computer, but the full layout, with Styles, etc., will be included, exactly like the original. Every time that I create a Title, that I think has the potential for reuse, I just Save it as a Template, and add it to all other computers.

I have dozens of "stock" Titles, that I use on all of my computers, so I just Copy my PRTL's over to the others. The only drawback is that a PRTL file can ONLY be Imported/Opened in PrE/PrPro, and not in PS, AI, or similar programs. I have filed a Feature Request for PS to be able to Import and work with these files, but so far, Adobe has not done so. Still, they ARE editable in Titler.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Export Title Presets to other Computers
              Heiko1977 Level 1

Thanks a lot, I found the .prtl files in my user folder.

I had already found Adobe's presets saved as .prtl files in the Adobe CS4 Program Folder, but when my own titles weren't there it didn't seem to occur to me that Premiere might save user-defined presets in the user folder, instead of its own program folder, doh!

Thanks again!

• 4. Re: Export Title Presets to other Computers
                the_wine_snob Level 9

When choosing Title>New Title>Based on Template, you should see Title Designer Presets and User Templates. Choose the latter. Note: exact syntax might differ slightly in CS4.

Good luck,

Hunt