4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2010 9:15 AM by the_wine_snob

Cookie Cutter Tool

Protego12345

Is there a way to achieve something similar to the cookie cutter tool like in Vegas

in premiere cs4? If so how?

• 1. Re: Cookie Cutter Tool
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Did you realize that most users here are PR users, not Vegas users?

They may not be familiar with your term Cookie Cutter Tool.

So, please explain....

• 2. Re: Cookie Cutter Tool
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree completely. While I have used several NLE's, Vegas is one that I have never seen. I doubt that I'd know a cookie cutter from a spring-form pan.

If you can give us details on what it does, and how it does it, we might be able to either point you to a Tool, or Effect, in PrPro, or maybe a 3rd party plug-in.

Also, I'm now interested in what it is, as I need to learn something new before 10:00AM.

Good luck, and we'll be watching - inquiring minds [SIC] want to know.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Cookie Cutter Tool
              cvid01 Level 4

While Adobe does not have a "cookie cutter" tool like that in Vegas, it has many video effects and presets, masks, and related tasks that can do much the same things as the cookie cutter tool in Vegas, as I understand it. I don't use Vegas either, but I believe the tool is a handy way of "cutting" shapes in a video segment. Adobe can do similat tasks by resizing, masking or using video tools. It's just a different way of doing the same thing, except in Adobe one is not limited by a list of "cookie cutter shapes".

• 4. Re: Cookie Cutter Tool
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Thanks for that clarification. Sounds logical.

If that's it, then Effects, like the Garbage Mattes, Track Mattes, Cropping, etc., would do similar, though without the benefit of a Preset, but with much more power and control. I can also imagine that the Cookie Cutter could be used for PiP. PrElements has Presets for several PiP situations, but those are somewhat limited to just a few common parameters. Most feel that they are too limiting, and end up animating Track Matte Keying.

Appreciated,

Hunt