1 person found this helpful
Usually when something works locally but not live, it's because a file referenced is on the hard drive but not loaded the the server or in the correct location.
Have you reloaded the entire site?
Are the buttons in the proper location on the server?
everything is there but guess i found something.
Looking at some original code from DW4 there are differences.
I remember DW8 asked me if I wanted to convert some code to make it browser safe.
Since then it refers to codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0', and added some extra lines. I revmoved it and changed back to version 188.8.131.52 and it seems to work.
Offcourse I would not like this to happen everytime I create a page with buttons
That would make sense. Those Flash buttons were created with software that was released with Flash 5. We're on 10 now, upgrading DW would cause a prompt to upgrade the "get Flash" code as well.
Eventually having Flash content built for Flash 4 will catch up with you and it won't work anymore.
Might be time to look at creating new buttons with a newer version of Flash.
Found it,but still strange.
As soon an old page with flashbuttons opens in DW8, I get a warning that it may not work properly in the latest browsers because it contains <objects> tags. Then Dreamweaver offers to replace these tags into browser-safe scripts. If that is done the page is not working.
All buttons are then surrounded bu <noscript> and </noscript>. When I remove those tags, the page runs again normally.
I now could even refer to flash 10,0,45,2
However, opening the page again in DW8, triggers the question again that it may not work properly.
I created a new page in DW8 from scratch and placed a button. Immediatly DW8 put the noscript around it and the button does not appear on a webpage online. Both the page and the button are copied to the website. and DW8 refers to macromedia flash 5,0,0,0
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<body bgcolor="#FFFF99" text="#000000">
AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0','widt h','105','height','21','src','button35','quality','high','pluginspage','http://www.macrome dia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash','bgcolor','#FFFF99',' movie','button35' ); //end AC code
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="105" height="21">
<param name="movie" value="button35.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="BGCOLOR" value="#FFFF99" />
<embed src="button35.swf" width="105" height="21" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#FFFF99" ></embed>
As an FYI: Adobe saw fit to remove Flash buttons from DW CS3 and CS4 because they are not web friendly. People who can't use Flash (iPhone, iTouch, iPad for example) won't be able to use your Flash buttons which could severely impair access to your site pages. My advice is to stop using Flash for important content. Switch to CSS styled menus which are accessible by everyone. See links below.
CSS Express Drop-Down Menus (tutorial)
CSS Tab Designer creates 60+ CSS Styled Button and Tab Menus (download)
List-O-Rama (DW Extension)
CSS Menu Maker (On-Line Menu Generator)
Pop-Menu Magic2 by PVII (DW extension purchase)