The same error.
Application has been created in Flash Builder 4 Trial, on Windows VIsta SP2 32bit.
AIR runtime reinstall gives me nothing, the same error under AIR 1.5.3 and 2 beta 2.
I've tried manually reinstall and clean up the regisrty but then get the same problem.
The same error on my desktop win 7. Compiling my app manually with adt provides the same resullt. But when debugging or launching my app in FB - it works fine.
I don't understand but somehow it works now. Just note - my problems started from the moment when I have trying to use AIR sdk 2 beta 2 for my project.
The full list of steps I've done:
1. Reinstall AIR runtime, includes the registry clen up. Now using 2 beta 2.
2. Turn Windows UAC off.
3. Reset the workspace in FB.
May be it helps somebody.
Really interesting thing is that i\ve tried to roll back my project to AIR 1.5, but the error returned. Now on 2 beta 2. May be someone can explain to me - what was that?
Sorry for terrible english ;]
I had the same problem. The advice I got from Adobe support (after a three day wait) fixed it.
1. Windows: Uninstall the previous version of Adobe Help by using the Add or Remove Programs utility
Macintosh: Remove and trash the application from the Applications>Adobe folder
2. Windows: Delete the following directory: %appdata%/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1 (copy and paste the phrase above into the Windows Explorer file manager)
Macintosh: Go Home>Library>Preferences and delete chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1 (As it happened I couldn't find this file on my mac, but stage #1 had fixed the problem anyway).
3. IMPORTANT: Empty the Trash or Recycling Bin to ensure proper removal of all files.
4. Manually update the application by downloading the Air file from:http://www.adobe.com/support/chc/
This installation error has been observed under two conditions:
1. If a user has an older prerelease or beta version of a Creative Suite 5 application previously installed
2. If a user simultaneously updates the AIR runtime at the same time as updating the Adobe Help application. The Adobe Help application is built and managed using the Adobe AIR framework. Because Adobe AIR has its own installation and uninstallation procedures, Adobe Help application updates are independent of the CS5 installer itself. There is no need to uninstall the entire Creative Suite or any associated product to resolve this issue.
I think your application is copied from installation folder and created by third party installer.
If so, update your exe or app by recompiling with latest AIR SDK. Copy again to make another installer. Don't forget to copy META-INF folder and mimetype file too.
Check again. Probably this could help you.
Hi and thanks for replying,
I have a pretty much standard setup. No third party installers as far as I know of. Unless Adobe use their own non standard installer...
However, I don't mind trying, because AIR still doesn't work which is annoying when I can't access help etc. from the applications. You will have to tell me a little more, though, because I don't have AIR SDK and "recompiling" is not something I have done since I was about 14 and running an AMSTRAD CPC464 with tape station :-)
So if you don't mind, then please give me a step by step guide - what should I try?
There were some permission settings with CS5 installation that caused some errors for installation and launch.
Can you try the following:
To test if the locked Adobe folders are causing error for the AIR apps and installation...
Can you rename a couple of folders if present and try your specific installation/uninstallation or app launch again?
1) /Applications/Adobe - rename Adobe folder to oldAdobe
2) /Users/"your user name"/Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe - rename Adobe folder to oldAdobe
-Are you able to remove and trash the application (CHC, help app) from the Applications>Adobe folder?
-Home>Library>Preferences and delete chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1
-I'm assuming Adobe AIR is still installed. If not try uninstalling from /Application/Utilities folder "Adobe AIR Uninstaller"
and installing updated Runtime from: http://get.adobe.com/air/
Try launching an installed AIR app if present on your system.
Try manually installing the application by downloading the Air file CHC from: http://www.adobe.com/support/chc/
Thanks for the description. I have tried but I cannot rename the locked folder (new to MAC which is why I am so helpless). The other one was no problem and subsequently a new one was created during the process.
If I try to install the Air application through normal download, it installs and reports not problems. Following your description creates the following errors - depending if Air has been installed already or not. If not, the link you directed me to installs it during the process but still gives an error. Unfortunately :-) I DO press OPEN as the instruction says....
I'm assuming the folder that could not be renamed was the /Applications/Adobe folder?
Lets change permissions on this folder so that you can rename:
-Open Terminal under /Applications/Utilities folder
-Terminal window should be opened: at prompt type > cd
-Hit space bar to add space after "cd"
-Open your HD and find Applications folder.
-Drag folder to Terminal window
-Hit Enter. This should have changed your path to the Applications folder.
-At Terminal prompt type > sudo chmod 777 Adobe
-Enter your login password if prompted
-This should changed permissions on the Adobe folder so that you can rename.
Make sure you update and install Adobe AIR first.
When installing CHC try to SAVE the CHC.air file to your desktop instead of OPEN.
Try running the installer from your desktop.
THAT WORKED! Excellent - I didn't even get to "OPEN/SAVE" the installer just disappeared and the "Help Community" came up.
Frankly I got a little worried with all the terminal typing...thanks a million...do you work with Adobe?
BTW: What do I do with the "oldadobe" folder. There were some other things like acrobat etc. in there. Should I just copy that back? And how do I give you a trillion stars?!! I would just NEVER have been able to figure this out myself.