Trying to create a data base to connect to the form so I can reference to .
1. What does the data base system need to be... (Word, Excell, something else? No Clue here)
2. How do I categorize the cells in the data base to be readable in livecycle forms?
3. Once I have created the data base does this have to be on a server to be read, I just have my desktop is that ok or do I need to upload the database to something else "Wow I'm clearly over my head here"
4. Once I have a data base created how do I tell the form to find the data base and use the information created in the data base to populate other fields.
5. Can the forms capture information on the data base?
Its a lot basically trying to learn everything in one shot. I'll see how it goes. Any info would be great or reference on where to get started. I have looked at the adobe help window, but even that I'm lost.
Thanks for your thoughts and humar.
I just did a talk on this topic a few weeks ago. Here is a link to the recording:
The programs that you mention are not databases. Excel can be made to look like one but it is tricky. I remember Thom Parker wrote an article on this....here is the link.You will have to sign up to his site to get the text:
I suggest you start with these resources and then go from there.
Note that if you go down this path that access to Databases can only be done through full Acrobat or for Reader users by Reader Extending the form using LiveCycle Reader Extensions server. The Reader Extensions capablity in Acrobat does not supply this functionality.