2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 3:17 PM by Being No.6

    Brand new CS4 SWF will not appear in IE - please help

    Being No.6

      Hi, newbie here. My page is here: http://www.ellenryan.com/welcome5.html

      Have checked Adobe Browser Lab and it seems I cannot make the SWF appear in IE 6, 7 or 8 on XP. Not on Firefox 2 on OSX either (although I am less worried about this since IE accounts for 80% of all browsers).

      Any help gratefully received.

        • 1. Re: Brand new CS4 SWF will not appear in IE - please help
          pziecina Level 6

          Hi

           

          You are missing the closing /> from this line =

          <param name="loop" value="1"
          although I am less worried about this since IE accounts for 80% of all browsers

          Don't know where you are getting your browser statistics from, but if you are in Europe or North America then this value is completely wrong. IE now accounts for only 45%-60% of browser usage, (this is an average as they depend on which statistics you use) and this is across all versions of IE.

           

          If you are living in Asia or Africa then your figures are almost correct, as IE6 still accounts for 40% of browser usage with Firefox and IE7/8 splitting the remaining 60% reasonably even between them.

           

          PZ

          www.pziecina.com

          • 2. Re: Brand new CS4 SWF will not appear in IE - please help
            Being No.6 Level 1

            Wonderful thanks so much. I have all browsers on Adobe Browser Lab working except Firefox 2 on OSX and I can live with that (unless my client has that on their Mac!).  Who would have thought that such a simple thing... I was thinking I had broken it.  As you can tell I am hopelessly out of date with the latest browser coverage, glad to hear IE don't have it all their own way. Anyway I saw your website it has very interesting ideas particularly on prejudice. Best of luck, I shall keep watching for developments. thanks again. N