6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2010 8:21 PM by 370H55V

1316 error

rosemaryfin Level 1

I have windows xp and when I try to download adobe 9.3 I keep getting a 1316 error message. Can anyone help?

Bob

• 1. Re: 1316 error
          370H55V Level 4

This message usually means a previous  installation of a software is getting in the way of the new  installation.  It's kinda nutty that this would cause a problem, but we  live in a nutty world.  The fix is to download a free program from  Microsoft that will totally and completely remove the old software.   Then the new version can load unimpeded.

1. Download: Microsoft  Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

2. Choose Save file option in the popup  dialogue box

3. A File by name Msicuu.exe will be  downloaded on your system

4. Run the Msicuu.exe application. This  will install the program.

5. Run the Windows Installer CleanUp  Utility file you just loaded (Start > All Programs > Windows  Install Clean Up or C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up double  click msicuu.exe

6. You will see window listing various  applications.

7. Select the offending program, then  click Remove. You'll see the warning box, select OK. The utility will  remove all the parts of the program from your computer.

8. Restart your computer, then try  loading the new version of the software.

• 2. Re: 1316 error
            rosemaryfin Level 1

First of all, thank you for the help. The problem I have is that on step #2 when I choose save file in the pop up box, nothing happens. In step #3 a file named Msicuu exe is downloaded into my system . If it is , where? Can you help?

Bob

• 3. Re: 1316 error
              Hot Ovaga

I tried everything you said about windows installer clean up. Re-installed Reader. I still get the same old problem( as soon as I click, monitor would go complete back, re-appear with every icons on my monitor high lighted, looking weird)

FWI, previously, it only worked with right click. after the clean up thing, and re-installation, I get a message with right click, and double click get me what I stated above.

Any help is appreciated.

System info: Win-XP service pak-3

• 4. Re: 1316 error
                370H55V Level 4

" I still get the same old problem( as soon as I click, monitor would go  complete back, re-appear with every icons on my monitor high lighted,  looking weird)"

That tells me there's a problen with your display settings.

Usually a black screen on opening a program means it's trying to run in 32 bit mode and the display settings are 16 bit, or vice-versa.

• 5. Re: 1316 error
                  370H55V Level 4

"In step #3 a file named Msicuu exe is downloaded into my system . If it  is , where?"

Click Start and Search.

search.jpg orsearch-old.jpg

In the window, on the left side, type msicuu.exe in the file name box and click the [...] button next to Folder.

Choose the C:\ drive to search in or

Click All Files and Folders, then type msicuu.exe in the file name box and be sure the Look in: is set to Local Hard Drives (C:)

cdrive.jpg or search-2-old.jpg

Click OK or Search

If the msicuu.exe is on your system, this will locate it.

If (or when) it appears in the search results window, double click it and follow the remaining instructions from above.

• 6. Re: 1316 error
                    370H55V Level 4

Over in this thread, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592387?tstart=0  the problem was resolved by right clicking the Installer and checking the Compatibility tab. It had been set to Win 95. Undoing that allowed it to run.