I've also installed the coldfusion builder finale and I have the same problem, text like :
<label for="firstNameField">Pr�nom* :</label>
I've tried to change my encoding settings but it gets worse (I was initialy using utf-8).
I've also tried to create a new cfm file and to read it with textpad, and it's the same mess (and when I check the encoding properties, it says that it's in utf-8).
If someone has any idea, that would be great
1 person found this helpful
ColdFusion Builder now treats all cfml content as UTF-8 encoded by default. This can be changed through preferences to suit the encoding of the file being edited. Refer to my blogpost on how to make this change in CF Builder.
Also this forum post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/602751?tstart=30 has similar issue answered.
Try these steps and let us know whether they helped.
Adobe ColdFusion dev team
Thanks Sandeep, it works for me !
thanks for your answer.
It works for most of my projects by turning default encoding to cp1252.
But I still have a problem with a particular project that is international. The default encoding is UTF-8, so I choosed this text file encoding for this project in its properties.
But I still have the problem...
Is there another place to configure the encoding for cf* files for a particular project ?
Thanks a lot in advance
Since the setting to change encoding for CFML content is global, it applies to all projects. So when you have a project which has UTF-8 encoded files make supre preference for CFML content type is also set to UTF-8, and when you work on project with files encoded as CP1252 make sure you change the setting to CP1252 for CFML content type.
Hope this solves your problem.
Adobe ColdFusion dev team
Blog - http://sandeepp.org/blog/
Thank you Sandeep.
Yes it solves my problem.
Infact it's not really comfortable because I have to switch many times per day between the UTF-8 project and the cp2152 ones...
But it works and it's great !
Seriously how can Adobe expect us to go back to the preferences to change the default encoding of CF files every time we pass from one project that is in UTF-8 to one that isn't.
I work in a company and we have literally thousands of CF projects and we are migrating to UTF-8 but we still have a lot of projects that are still in CP1252.
You really need to either use the character encoding specified for the enclosing project or folder (like Eclipse does) or allow us to configure the Content Types default character encoding by project.
I hope to see this feature soon otherwise we will have to continue using CFEclipse or code our future projects in CP1252 instead of UTF-8 just to be able to still work with the old ones.