2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 8:08 PM by fatmck

The NetGroup "Ask Permission Dialog" Never show again..

fatmck Level 1

one of my users click reject when the dialog first show, and now the dialog can't show again! Every time he use this app, a NetGroup.Connect.Rejected event will happen. He has reboot his machine many times, and the dialog didnt show..... How can i show this dialog actively??

• 1. Re: The NetGroup "Ask Permission Dialog" Never show again..
          Michael Thornburgh Adobe Employee

when 10.1 is released, you will be able to manage this from the global settings page much like you can the camera/microphone permissions.  unfortunately that management page isn't available during this beta.

currently the only way to clear a mis-entered "remember" is to remove the Flash Player permission settings file for that domain.  on my Mac that's at (for domain "example.com"):

~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/macromedia.com/support/flashplayer/sys/#example.com

if i remove that directory after having remembered the peer assisted networking choice and restart Flash Player (close browser, quit standalone player, etc), i will again be prompted.

i don't know where the file is on Windows, but it's probably in an equivalent location.

• 2. Re: The NetGroup "Ask Permission Dialog" Never show again..
            fatmck Level 1

Thanks very much!

On windows XP, It's here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[USER_NAME]\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#[DOMAIN_NAME]