3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 8:57 AM by Paul R Stark

Warm voice over in PP CS4 possible?

Paul R Stark Level 1

I am wondering if it is possible to record a deep, warm voice over in PP CS4? If so, can someone recommend the audio settings? Is this only possible using Soundbooth CS4 (prefer dynamic link so I can time the voice over with the video). If so, can anyone recommend the settings in SB?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Warm voice over in PP CS4 possible?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

For manipulating the VO wet, I would do this through SB. PrPro can do some enhancement to a dry recording, but is not designed to really pre-process the signal.

Personally, I would record dry and then adjust everything in post, and probably with SB, as it offers more power. I do this, as un-doing an Effect/setting is often a very tough task. I want the Audio dry, so that I can apply my desired Effects in a non-destructive way - pretty much the same with my Video. I want it as close to perfection and reality to start, even if I know that I will modify it in post.

Just my personal thoughts, and good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Warm voice over in PP CS4 possible?
            Paul R Stark Level 1

Yes, I agree. I dynamically linked the raw (or dry) audio file to SB and applied the Vocal Enhancer with the Music setting, the Compressor with the Acoustic Attack-Moderate, and the Mastering (Advanced) with the Make Room For Vocals. Sounds pretty good against a music background in PP.

Thanks once again.

• 3. Re: Warm voice over in PP CS4 possible?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Paul,

Most welcome and glad that you are happy with the Audio.

Good luck,

Hunt